Advance Steel is specifically designed for structural engineers and steel detailers who require professional and easy-to-use BIM structural steel detailing software that automates the production of drawings, BOMs and NC files. It was developed by GRAITEC, but is now an Autodesk product. The software runs on AutoCAD.
Perfectly embedded in AutoCAD®, Advance Steel accelerates the design phase (single or multi-user mode) by offering an extensive library of smart objects, automatic joints and specific tools for creating standard structures, stairs, railing and miscellaneous steelwork.The application supports all basic AutoCAD concepts and functions (snap points, grip points, copy, etc.). When running on its own CAD platform, the application provides the same capabilities as running on AutoCAD. The Advance Steel CAD platform serves both as a graphic engine and an object oriented database. Compliancy is assured between versions of Advance Steel running on its own CAD platform and running on AutoCAD.
Advance Steel automatically generates all workshop and general arrangement drawings using intelligent tools to automatically control dimensions and labels as well as all required.
The main functions of Advance Steel concern:
- Creation of 3D model using a library of construction elements (i.e., beams, plates, bolts, welds, etc.)
- Sheet metal and plate work
- Advanced tools for element collision detection
- Clear workshop drawings, automatically labeled and dimensioned
- Checking the model in order to insure a correctly built 3D model and accurate bills of materials
- Automatic creation of general arrangement and shop drawings, fabrication drawings, fitting drawings, isometric views and fabrication drawings
- Drawing creation workflow management (revision control, automatic update, etc.)
- Automatic creation of lists / bills of materials and NC files
- Multi-user technology - all users involved in a project can work simultaneously and securely on the same model, without errors.
* Advance Steel download link provides trial version of the software for Part 1 and Part 2.
Advance Design is a complete integrated analysis / design software dedicated to engineers.
For 2D drafting, AutoCAD LT delivers AutoCAD software’s 2D drawing tools at a cost-effective price.
A program moderate and affordable for small companies and even freelance steel detailers
ASDIP Steel is a suite of modules specifically dedicated to the design of structural steel members, based on the latest AISC specifications (AISC 360), that greatly simplifies the time-consuming calculations in any structural engineering office.
Steel-Connect is a user friendly affordable software steel connection design aid for the typical structural engineer. Typical steel connections can be designed in less time using the autodesign feature or user specified steel connections can be investigated.
Steel-Beam is a user-friendly robust program that allows the combined stress evaluation of steel beams and steel columns under combined axial and flexural loads.
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.
Submit a review using your Facebook ID