RetainWall is a software mainly developed for the purpose of designing a concrete or masonry retaining wall. The wall may retain soil or other granular material. It analyses the stability of the wall based on the loads and resistances, and results in bearing pressure, sliding, overturning and rotational stabilities. Loads applied on the wall may consist of self weight, soil pressure, water pressure, live and seismic loads. Resistances may consist of base friction and cohesion, passive earth pressure, other structures or a shear key. Load and resistance factor design (LRFD) mode can be applied. If the wall is a reinforced concrete structure, the software also supports the reinforcement design. In addition, a soil pressure calculator is also provided.
RetainWall is designed to be an easy application, on-screen trial-and-error method and quick solution finding of the design. A familiar designer can design the wall within minutes. Complete outputs can be viewed on screen or printed.
- Load and resistance factors design (LRFD) capable.
- Ready to use load and resistance factors combinations from AASHTO LRFD 2007, ACI 318-08 and IBC 2006.
- Load and resistance factors editor to modify or create new combinations
- Concrete reinforcement design from ACI 318-08.
- Force diagrams (moment, shear and normal) for every combination.
- Loads, resistances and reactions diagrams for every combination.
- Wall stabilities (bearing, sliding, overturning, rotation) for every combination.
- Possibilities to calculate nominal soil bearing resistance using theoretical or semi empirical methods.
- Possibilities to choose active or at rest soil pressures.
- Possibilities to choose elastic (rock) or plastic (soil) bearing pressures.
- Possibilities to input user's soil pressure coefficients.
- Reinforcement design for upper stem, lower stem, toe and heel.
- Unit systems, properties, load and resistance factors, reinforcement design method, and page setup from last editing become the default for new design.
- Possibilities to add other loads on wall.
- Provide stability resistances from a shear key, toe passive soil pressure, adjacent structure, anchors or piles.
- Enable or disable a shear key, water or seismic.
- Support metric, SI and British unit systems.
- Easy, clear, quick and simple software operation.
- Help facilities, can be printed to create manual.
* RetainWall download link provides trial version of the software.
LeanWall is a software mainly designed for the purpose of designing a concrete or masonry leaning wall.
SRWall is design software for Segmental Retaining Walls.
The SMDS software is a component software package specifically designed to engineer masonry.
The program Redi Rock wall is used to design and check a retaining walls made from blocks produced by Redi-Rock, Inc (USA).
NCMAs Direct Design Software can reduce the time required to engineer many single-story masonry structures from days to just minutes.
Concrete and Agg Calculator calculator provides an exact amount and a recommended order amount to account for forms bending, over excavation, forms bending.
Submit a review about RetainWall software with your social media profile