The RF-/PLATE-BUCKLING is available as an add-on module for RFEM/RSTAB or as a separate stand-alone program. It performs plate buckling analysis of rectangular plates according to the following standards:
- EN 1993-1-5:2006
- DIN 18800-3:1990-11
It is possible to apply horizontal or vertical stiffeners to the plates (for example flat plates, angles, T-stiffeners, trapezoidal stiffeners, channel sections). Loading on the plate boundaries can be applied in several ways and can be imported from the main program RFEM/RSTAB. The plate buckling design in RF-/PLATE-BUCKLING is always performed on the total buckling panel as the potential stiffeners are considered in the 3D FE model. Thus, designs of single (c/t) parts or buckling panel sections are omitted.
- For design according to Eurocode 3, the following National Annexes (NA) are available:
- Germany DIN EN 1993-1-5/NA:2010-12 (Germany)
- Finland SFS EN 1993-1-5/NA:2006 (Finland)
- Belgium NBN EN 1993-1-5/NA:2011-03 (Belgium)
- Italy UNI EN 1993-1-5/NA:2011-02 (Italy)
- Netherlands NEN EN 1993-1-5/NA:2011-04 (Netherlands)
- Norway NS EN 1993-1-5/NA:2009-06 (Norway)
- Czech Republic CSN EN 1993-1-5/NA:2008-07 (Czech Republic)
- Cyprus CYS EN 1993-1-5/NA:2009-03 (Cyprus)
- In addition to the National Annexes listed above, you can also define a specific NA, applying user-defined limit values and parameters.
- Import of all relevant internal forces from RFEM/RSTAB by selecting numbers of members and buckling panels with determination of governing boundary stresses
- Summary of stresses in load cases with determination of governing load
- Different materials for stiffener and plate possible
- Import of stiffeners from an extensive library (flat plate and bulb flat steel, angle, T-section, channel, and trapezoidal sheeting)
- Determination of effective widths according to EN 1993-1-5 (Table 4.1 or 4.2) or DIN 18800, Part 3, Eq. (4)
- Optional calculation of critical local buckling stresses by analytical formulas of annexes A.1, A.2, A.3 of EC 3 or by means of FEA calculation
- Designs (stress, deformation, torsional buckling) of longitudinal and transverse stiffeners
- Optional consideration of buckling effects according to DIN 18800, Part 3, Eq. (13)
- Photo-realistic representation (3D rendering) of buckling panel including stiffeners, stress conditions, and buckling modes with animation
- Documentation of all input data and results in a verifiable printout report
* RF PLATE-BUCKLING download link provides trial version of the software.
EBPlate is a piece of software developed by CTICM with a partial funding of the European Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS). It assesses the critical stresses associated to the elastic buckling of plates loaded in their plan.
MITCalc Buckling is designed to calculate the optimum cross-section and perform strength check of slender struts strained for buckling
LTBeam is a software which deals with the elastic Lateral Torsional Buckling of Beams under bending action about their major axis.
ArcelorMittal Construction Phase ACP for composite solutions to check the LTB behaviour of composite and/or partially encased beams during erection.
This calculation deals with the deflection, stress and variation of forces in the loaded flat plates.
RSTAB is the ideal tool for the design of beam, frame, or truss structures consisting of steel, reinforced concrete, timber, aluminum, or other materials.
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.
Submit a review about RF PLATE-BUCKLING software with your social media profile