FreeMat is a free open source numerical computing environment and programming language, similar to MATLAB and GNU Octave. In addition to supporting many MATLAB functions and some IDL functionality, it features a codeless interface to external C, C++, and Fortran code, further parallel distributed algorithm development (via MPI), and has plotting and 3D visualization capabilities.
This version brings major feature improvements and changes to the internals of FreeMat. Here is a list of changes:
- Improved Editor with integrated debugger
- Improved Main Application UI with dockable workspace browser and command history
- Just In Time compiler (enabled by default)
- Greatly improved compatibility with Matlab (over 366 compatibility tests pass)
- Dynamic linking with BLAS (users can use custom optimized BLAS libraries)
- Vectorized fprintf, sprintf, fscanf, sscanf functions
- Added patch handle graphics object
- Much faster figure drawing
- Ability to handle huge arrays (more than 2GB) when compiled under 64 bit OS
- Code profiler
- New array class implementation
- Compatible type handling
- JIT compiler
- CMake build system
* FreeMat download link provides gnu general public license version of the software for Windows, MacOSX10.4 and FedoraLinux.
Euler is a free and open-source numerical software package.
Scilab is free and open source software for numerical computation providing a powerful computing environment for engineering and scientific applications.
QCAD is a free, open source application for computer aided drafting (CAD) in two dimensions (2D). With QCAD you can create technical drawings such as plans for buildings, interiors, mechanical parts or schematics and diagrams.
LibreCAD is a free Open Source personal CAD application for Windows, Macintosh and Linux.
Thinwallres Open&Closed application allows to determine the resistance capacity of open and closed thin-walled sections
Submit a review about FreeMat software with your social media profile