Maple Flow makes it easy for engineers to brainstorm, develop, and document their design calculations. Maple Flow offers tools across the entire spectrum of math, science and engineering. The interface imitates the design metaphor of paper - you can place live calculations, textm images, plots and more and more anywhere in a worksheet, move everything into position and gradually created a professionally-presented calculation report.
From structural steel to highway and transportation design, Maple Flow provides a freeform calculation environment for Civil Engineering design and analysis. Civil Engineers use Maple Flow and calculation software for applications in:
Structural Steel Design
Design engineers need to ensure code compliance with readable, auditable calculation reports. This is especially significant in critical applications such as structural steel design. Structural engineers often need to develop auditable calculation reports to deliver to regulatory bodies or clients. They also need to use tabulated libraries of structural steel properties, such as the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) shapes database
- Torsional and Lateral Loading on a W10X54 Beam
- Bolt Group Coefficient for Eccentric Loads
- Lateral Drift of a Cantilever Column
- Snow loads for building - NBCC 2015
Reinforced Concrete Design
Structural engineers use Maple Flow for the standards-based calculations for reinforced concrete design. The calculations are often described in guides such as AASHTO, ACI and Eurocodes.
- Concrete Deck Design - Flexure in Deck Overhang
- Concrete Retaining Wall
- Estimate the Strength of Concrete at an Arbitrary Age
- Crack Width in Doubly Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Drilled Shaft to Resist Overturning
- Flagpole Footing
- Singly Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Spread footing - Stability and Soil bearing
- T-shaped gravity wall design - EN 1997
- Spread foundation design - EN 1997
Wood is an important green construction material in North America and, increasingly, elsewhere. Since trees capture carbon, the use of timber in construction is growing.
- Wood Lap Joint Glue Strength
- Wood Column Design
- Toe-Nail Connection Design (NDS 2018)
Civil Engineers use Maple Flow for calculations in open channel flows, riprap sizing, and many other applications in hydraulics and hydrology.
- Riprap Rock Sizing
- Maximum Flow Rate in Open-Channel Flow for a Circular Pipe
- Gradually Varied Flow in a Trapezoidal Channel
- Spatially Varied Open-Channel Flow with Increasing Discharge
Highway engineers employ Maple to determine the thickness of pavements layers, determine highway superelevation, investigate curvature alignment, and design the signs over freeways.
- Highway Pavement Design using the CALTRANS Method
- Live loads with Vehicular Centrifugal Force
Building Thermal Loads
During the initial design phase, Civil Engineers need to estimate the influence of heating and cooling loads on the thermal envelope of the building. Maple Flow offers a built-in database of humid air properties. Allied with the checks and balances offered by units, Maple Flow is an efficient tool for building thermal design.
- Forecasting Natural Gas Heating Cost for a Building
- Adiabatic Mixing of Humid Air
Geotechnical engineers need to analyze the behavior of soil and earth materials. This is necessary for the reliable design of footings, or to examine the stability of slopes
- Slope Failure by the Ordinary Method of Slices
- Geotechnical design of foundation
- Deflection of a Flexible Pipe using the Modified Iowa Formula
* Maple Flow download link provides trial version of the software.
CalcPad is a professional software for mathematical and engineering calculations. It represents a flexible and modern programmable calculator.
Performs civil engineering calculations for hydrology, open channels, culverts, gravity sewer, transmission lines and unit conversions.
Performs civil engineering calculations for hydrology, open channels, culverts, gravity sewer, transmission lines, traffic/road geometry, surveying/earthwork, pavement, concrete floors and unit conversions.
PTC Mathcad is the industry standard software for solving, analyzing, and sharing your most vital engineering calculations.
SAPFIR-3D is a software for architectural design of multi-storey residential and public buildings, structures of any purpose, small structures, cottages, concept of interior design.
Submit a review about Maple Flow software with your social media profile