This intuitive and feature rich finite element app is especially useful for civil engineers, mechanical engineers, architects and students who wish to design continuous beams.
You may input and edit hyperstatic beams, forces, supports etc both graphically and textually. The calculations are performed transparently in the background without disturbing your work and presented almost immediately.
Main features are:
- F, T and q (rectangular and triangular) loads
- Fixed and hinge connections at beam ends
- Moment, Shear, Stress, Deflection, Reaction forces and Unity checks
- Imposed deflections
- M, N, V, ux, uz, utot, phi, sigma and unity checks output
- Fixed, hinge and roller supports in any direction
- Load cases and load combinations, including safety factors
- Profile groups; each group can have its own color
- Import any steel profile or general section from our free Engineering Libraries (EU, UK, AU, US & CA profiles)
- Import dxf files
- Export to our Concrete Design and Steel Design apps
- Share picture
- Snap points
- Undo function
- Multi copy
- Scale entire structure
- Automatic dimension lines (Autocad look)
- Element and node numbers
- Both graphical and textual edit modes
- Metric & Imperial units
- Multitouch zoom (pinch zooming)
- Many options for showing/hiding items
- Options to set almost all colors in the app
- Dark and light theme
- Available in 10 Languages
- Save your structures in the cloud (CloudConstruct)
- Built-in simple scientific calculator
- Wobbly effect
* BeamDesign download link provides freeware version of the software.
ConCrete is the perfect software to quickly calculate continuous concrete beams. ConCrete Plus generates the reinforcement drawings.
This intuitive and feature rich finite element app is especially useful for civil engineers, mechanical engineers, architects and students who wish to design 2D frames.
This spreadsheet computes influence lines of bending moment and shear force for the sections of continuous beams.
Allows you to interactively design Open Channel Flow for rectangular, trapezoidal and rectangular shapes.
This is a small engineering tool that calculates member forces and support reactions of a continuous beam. It is based on CBA. m for matlab/octave by Colin Caprani
Submit a review about BeamDesign software with your social media profile