SeismoBuild is an innovative Finite Element package wholly and exclusively dedicated to seismic assessment and strengthening of reinforced concrete structures that is targeted to the design office. The program is capable of fully carrying out the Code defined assessment methodologies from the structural modelling through to the required analyses and the corresponding member checks. Currently six Codes are supported (Eurocodes, American Code for Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings ASCE, Italian National Seismic Codes NTC-18 & NTC-08, Greek Seismic Interventions Code KANEPE and Turkish Seismic Evaluation Building Code TBDY). Both metric and imperial units, as well as European and US reinforcing bars types are supported. Some of the more important features of SeismoBuild are summarised in what follows:
- Completely visual interface. No input or configuration files, programming scripts or any other time-consuming and complex text editing requirements.
- With the Building Modeller the user can create real regular or irregular 3D reinforced concrete models within minutes.
- Easy CAD-based input; the floor's plan view can be used as background.
- Predefined built-in cross-sections for both existing and strengthened (jacketed) members (rectangular, L-shaped, T-shaped, circular, shear walls, normal or inverted T-beams).
- Easy modelling of strengthening with Fibre-Reinforced Polymers (FRP) wraps; a large library of existing FRP materials is available.
- Easy modelling of inclined beams and slabs.
- Automatic column subdivision to model short columns.
- Ability to print tables with all the model members and their properties.
- Straightforward definition of code-based parameters.
- Simple input of limit states, building performance levels, earthquake hazard levels and knowledge levels.
- Easy definition of the parameters needed for the nonlinear analysis, with a range of predefined settings schemes and detailed guidelines with suggestions by the program.
- Large library of nonlinear models for concrete and steel materials.
- Fibre-based inelastic and elastic frame elements.
- Distributed plasticity models to accurately model the distribution of inelasticity along the entire height of large walls.
- Eigenvalue and pushover analyses supported.
- AVI movie files can be created to better illustrate the sequence of structural deformation.
- Automatic calculation of the target displacement.
- Detailed and intuitive presentation of the analytical results; tables, charts and 3D plots featuring areas of plastic hinges and elements with damage are available.
- All the code-defined capacity checks are supported (shear capacity, chord rotation capacity, inter-storey drift level, beam-column joints checks).
- Checks presented on a table and on the 3D plot; the members where the capacity is exceeded are highlighted with red.
- Detailed technical report in PDF, RTF or HTML format; the content (text, plots and tables) and the size of the report are determined by the users.
- CAD drawings with plan views, members' cross sections and reinforcement tables; specially created *.ctb files are included.
- Easy copying of all the data, tables and plots to any other Windows application.
- Possiblity to easily send a model to Seismosoft, in the case of modeling or convergence problems, and get assistance by our team of specialists in nonlinear analysis.
* SeismoBuild download link provides trial version of the software.
Analytical assessment of structures subjected to earthquake strong motion
SeismoStruct is a Finite Element package capable of predicting the large displacement behaviour of space frames under static or dynamic loading, taking into account both geometric nonlinearities and material inelasticity.
Reinforced Concrete Column Design
CSiCOL is a comprehensive software package used for the analysis and design of columns.
Analysis & Design of Reinforced Concrete (RC) Structures
MONOMAKH-SAPR software is intended for analysis and design of monolithic reinforced concrete structures and structures with brick walls
Analysis and Design of Reinforced Concrete & Steel Structures
Advance Design is a complete integrated analysis / design software dedicated to engineers.
Life Cycle Assessment of Composite Structures of Buildings or Bridges
The purpose of AMECO software is to assess the life cycle of composite structures of buildings or bridges, evaluating the environmental footprint, in particular the associated energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
Submit a review about SeismoBuild software with your social media profile
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.