Greta analyses the stability of a gravity retaining wall and determines the bending moments and shear forces within the wall. The program calculates pressures acting on the wall based on earth pressure coefficients behind and in front of the wall either directly specified by the user, or calculated from the soil properties based on the methods in CIRIA C517 or Eurocode 7. From these pressures the overall stability of the wall in relation to sliding and overturning, as well as bending moments and shear forces in the stem of the retaining wall and the resultant force on the base can be calculated. Sliding resistance and bearing capacity are calculated by the program.
Program features include:
- variable wall geometry including input options for a stem, gabion, crib or mass gravity wall
- point loads applied to the wall to represent struts or anchors
- variable soil strata behind and in front of the wall
- soil strength defined in terms of drained or undrained parameters
- ability to specify or calculate either active pressures, at-rest pressures, or user-defined pressures behind wall for structural design calculations.
- compaction pressures calculated according to CIRIA design guidance of retaining walls can be applied behind wall
- variable water pressures behind and in front of the wall
- inclined soil surface behind and in front of the wall
- application of a uniform surcharge, strip loads, line loads and rectangular loads either on or behind the wall, as well as horizontal surcharges applied behind the wall
- automatic application of partial factors to soil parameters and loads
* Greta download link provides trial version of the software.
PYWALL considers soil-structure interaction by using a beam-column model and can analyze the behavior of a flexible retaining wall or soldier-pile wall with or without tiebacks or bracing systems.
Slope is feature rich and will aid in the assessment of slopes and the design of engineering solutions for slope stability problems
Frew enables engineers to define and solve even the most complex embedded retaining wall design problems quickly.
DeepXcav is a software program for the design of embedded earth retaining walls with limit-equilibrium and advanced non linear elastoplastic analysis methods. DeepXcav offers a one-stop complete geotechnical and structural solution for deep excavation.
Solve your geotechnical problem with powerful two-dimensional geotechnical finite element design software.
Pdisp is for engineers who need software for soil displacement analysis, soil settlement calculations and soil displacement design.
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.
Submit a review about Greta software with your social media profile