Pdisp is for engineers who need software for soil displacement analysis, soil settlement calculations and soil displacement design. Pdisp offers a quicker and more accurate way to predict soil displacement than using Newmark charts. The program predicts displacements in a soil mass due to vertical and horizontal loads, showing the likely settlement pattern beneath and beyond the loaded area.
Pdisp’s 3-D graphical output view shows the settlement clearly and a simple interface allows users to switch easily between graphical views, input data and tabular data. By linking Pdisp to our GSA software, engineers can analyse the soil’s interaction with raft structures such as basement slabs and pile caps.
How does it work? Pdisp calculates the displacements and stresses, if required, within a linear elastic or non-linear soil mass. These are the stresses that result from uniform normal or tangential pressure being applied to rectangular and circular loaded planes. When calculating the stress changes within the soil, the program assumes the soil is an elastic half-space. It uses individual layer properties to calculate the vertical strain and the displacements resulting from these stresses.
Pdisp improves on our Vdisp software and predicts displacements due to both vertical and horizontal loads.
- Loaded areas can be superimposed and can be specified to act at different levels
- Loads can be normal and tangential as well, and can act on both horizontal and vertical planes.
- A number of horizontal soil layers may be specified; the base of the bottom layer is assumed to be rigid
- A linear variation of modulus with level may be specified for each soil layer
- Displacements and stresses may be specified for any soil layer
- Analysis based on the equations of either Boussinesq or Mindlin.
* Oasys Pdisp download link provides trial version of the software.
Pile calculates the vertical load carrying capacities and vertical settlements of a range of individual piles in a layered soil deposit.
Solve your geotechnical problem with powerful two-dimensional geotechnical finite element design software.
AdSec is ideal for tasks such as analysing a bridge beam for cracking under load, designing a composite mega column, checking a pre-stressed floor or finding the capacity of a pile.
Slope is feature rich and will aid in the assessment of slopes and the design of engineering solutions for slope stability problems
Frew enables engineers to define and solve even the most complex embedded retaining wall design problems quickly.
Submit a review about Oasys Pdisp software with your social media profile