From shear walls and retaining walls to precast, ICF, and tilt-up walls, engineers worldwide use spWall (formerly pcaWall, PCA-Tilt, TILT) to optimize complicated wall design, reinforcing, and deflections.
spWall, formerly pcaWall/PCA-Tilt/TILT, is a program for design and analysis of cast-in-place reinforced concrete walls, tilt-up walls, ICF walls, and precast architectural and load-bearing panels. Upgraded to ACI 318-11, it uses a graphical interface that enables the user to easily generate complex wall models. The geometry of the wall (including any number of openings and stiffeners), the material properties, the loads (point, line, and area), and the support conditions are assigned graphically by the user. Also, springs (translational and rotational) can be graphically assigned at any node.
The program is based on the finite element method and can take into account second-order effects. The wall may include any number of openings and stiffeners. The amount of steel required for flexure is computed based on the selected design standard, and the user can specify one or two layers of reinforcement. The program calculates the required amount of reinforcement in the plate elements and stiffener elements based on the code selected by the user. For solid walls, spWall can also compare cross-sectional shear forces with calculated in-plane and out-of plane shear strength provided by concrete.
- Support for ACI 318-11/08/05/02/99 & CSA A23.3-04/94 design standards
- Finite element analysis (including 2nd order effects) of flat wall panels with stiffeners
- Arbitrary geometry of wall panels which may include openings
- Rectangular, L, T, or circular cross sections of stiffeners
- Arbitrary boundary conditions including spring supports
- Point, line, and area load types to model any loading conditions
- Design of wall elements for flexure with one or two reinforcement curtains
- Design of stiffener elements flexure, shear, and torsion
* spWall download link provides trial version of the software.
The program Redi Rock wall is used to design and check a retaining walls made from blocks produced by Redi-Rock, Inc (USA).
spBeam (formerly pcaBeam) is highly efficient and widely used for analysis, design, and investigation of beams and one-way slabs in reinforced concrete floor systems.
RISAFoundation gives you the ability to solve and optimize all types of foundation systems, including mat foundations, grade beams, pile caps, retaining walls, isolated spread footings and combined footings.
spColumn is widely used for design of shear walls, bridge piers as well as typical framing elements in buildings and structures.
spSlab (formerly pcaSlab/ADOSS) is highly efficient and widely used for analysis, design and investigation of reinforced concrete floor systems.
Submit a review about spWall software with your social media profile