spMats incorporates a new sophisticated FEM Solver increasing capacity and substantially speeding up solution for large and complex models. spMats is highly efficient and widely used for analysis, design and investigation of commercial building foundations and industrial mats and slabs on grade.
Engineers worldwide use spMats (formerly pcaMats, MATS) to optimize complicated foundations design, reinforcing and soil-structure interaction.
spMats, formerly pcaMats/MATS, is a program for analysis and design of concrete foundation mats, combined footings, and slabs on grade. The slab is modeled as an assemblage of rectangular finite elements. The boundary conditions may be the underlying soil, nodal springs, piles, or translational and rotational nodal restraints. The model is analyzed under uniform (surface) and concentrated loads. The resulting deflections, soil pressure (or spring reactions), and bending moments are output. The program computes the required area of reinforcing steel in the slab in accordance with ACI 318-11/08/05/02 and CSA A23.3-04/94. The program also performs punching shear calculations around columns and piles.
spMats uses the plate-bending theory and the Finite Element Method (FEM) to model the behavior of the mat or slab. The soil supporting the slab is assumed to behave as a set of one-way compression-only springs (Winkler foundation).
- Support for ACI 318-11/08/05/02 & CSA A23.3-04/94 design standards
- Four-noded prismatic thin plate element with three degrees-of-freedom per node
- Material properties (concrete and reinforcing steel) may vary from element to element
- Soil may be applied uniform over elements or concentrated applied at nodes (nodal spring supports)
- Nodes may be restrained for vertical displacement and/or rotation about X and Y
- Nodes may be slaved to share the same displacement and/or rotation
- Loads may be uniform (vertical force per unit area) or concentrated (Pz, Mx, and My)
- Load combinations are categorized into service (serviceability) and ultimate (design) levels
- The self weight of the slab is automatically computed and may optionally be included in the analysis
- Result envelopes (maximum and minimum values) for deflections, pressures, and moments
- Design moments include torsional moments contribution
- Punching shear calculations for rectangular and circular columns
RISAFoundation gives you the ability to solve and optimize all types of foundation systems, including mat foundations, grade beams, pile caps, retaining walls, isolated spread footings and combined footings.
PyPile is a free lateral pile analysis software program based on p-y curves. Pile deflection, bending moment and shear force will be analyzed with different load cases.
LPILE is a special-purpose program based on rational procedures for analyzing a pile under lateral loading using the p-y method.
This application can be used to make quick parameters calculations of beams and reinforced concrete slab not only in the office but also at the construction site.
Wall, slab or plate bending analysis and design.
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.
Submit a review using your Facebook ID