ShortCol computes ultimate strength of reinforced concrete column subjected to combined axial force and bending moment. Ultimate strength is found from strain compatibility analysis assuming equivalent rectangular concrete stress distribution. In addition, ShortCol calculates transformed properties of fully cracked reinforced concrete section at ultimate limit state and calculates crack width at service limit states.
- Shortcol analyses rectangular or circular shape concrete sections
- Rebar wizard quickly generates various typical and irregular bar layouts
- Crack width is calculated in accordance with ACI/AASHTO, British Standards, Eurocode 2 and AS3600
- Column design conforms ACI 318, AASHTO, AS3600 codes
- SI and US units
- Does not consider column slenderness and second order effects
- Uses only unconfined concrete properties
- Accepts only bonded to concrete reiforcing steel
Calculates shear capacity and confinement reinforcement of circular and oblong shape reinforced concrete columns.
The program useful for checking reinforced concrete section of any shape and with any reinforcement layout in biaxial bending.
spColumn is widely used for design of shear walls, bridge piers as well as typical framing elements in buildings and structures.
Structures Office supports construction of arbitrary cross-sections, computes area, elastic, and plastic section properties.
spBeam (formerly pcaBeam) is highly efficient and widely used for analysis, design, and investigation of beams and one-way slabs in reinforced concrete floor systems.
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.
Submit a review using your Facebook ID